Don Coco is a Private 1.3 Acre Beach front property located in Pochomil Viejo beach, at only one hour from Managua. Between its Tropical gardens, Great views, and pool, there are two Charming rustic style villas with everything necessary to make you feel Comfortable. Including Air Conditioning, Ceiling Fans, Hot Water Showers, Hammock, Chairs, Grill, Bar and the Traditional Amenities.
The white sand Beach and Clear water Ocean is ideal for swimming, surfing or just having fun. Dipping into the natural rock formed low tide pools in front of the property can be refreshing as well. If you wish to ride our horse “Pañuelo” you are most welcome.
When Night falls you can gaze at the Millions of stars scattered on the clear sky… Or simply relax and see the Aura of the fire torches. Don’t worry about the cooking and cleaning. Our cook will gladly recommend where to buy the freshest sea food as well as cooking all the meals and snacks with a great smile and a delicious Nicaraguan flavor.
Rates and Services
Villa Casa De Mayo
- 2 rooms
- 2 bathrooms
- fits 5 People
Villa Pio Pio
- 3 rooms
- 2 bathrooms
- Fits 5 people
Get to Managua- Ask how to get to Carretera VIEJA LEON ( which means the old way to Leon City). Take this road and keep going straight for about half an hour. Then you will get to a triangle where you should take a left, be careful! because if you don’t take that left you will end up in Leon! Which is very far! So when you take that left you keep on going straight for about half an hour ¨ this road is called La Carretera Adoquinada ¨ Meaning that the road is made out of concrete square blocks¨ it’s the only road in Nicaragua that is made of these blocks, so if your riding those your on the right track. So when you get to the end of that road you take a right towards MASACHAPA TOWN, this is the most known beach town next to our beach , Pochomil Viejo. So when you get to Masachappa after a small triangle take a left ¨ you will pass a little bridge. you will keep on going straight, you will pass on your right hand a PETRONIC GAS STATION, and there you keep on going straight, passing the bar called LA BARRA, for about 4 kilometers. You will go into a dirt road and basically when you see the second right in the dirt road you turn there. you will get to a small fork where you take a left and it’s the first house on the right side! beach front, with a round sign saying DON COCO. In Case you get lost, once you are in Masachapa use as a reference ¨HOTEL VILLA ORDOÑEZ ¨ our house is just before it.
Terms And Conditions
- 2 Night Minimum Stay
- 50 % Deposit required to guarantee your reservation
- Pending 50% paid upon Arrival
Please Note the 50% deposit is non refundable. Changes in dates are acceptable depending on availability, but must be made at least 30 days before arrival date. If not you will loose your deposit.
- Does the Caretakers Live on the Property? Yes they do. In a separate house, apart from the villas. If privacy is your concern you can perfectly have it.
- What do the care takers do? They cook Nicaraguan Dishes, prepare boquitas, clean the dishes, clean the rooms and common areas. Maintain the pool an gardens, saddle up the horse, help you with errands, prepare the barbecue. Once you go to bed, a night guard is roaming the property all night.
- Is the food included in the Price? No, the food is not included in the Price. We can meet you in Managua or the airport and can join you to the super market. Help you pick out food and Good Nicaraguan products that the cook can prepare. We suggest you buy most of the thing in the Managua super Market for more variety of products.Once at the beach you can go to the fish market and buy Fish, shrimp, lobster at very low prices.
- How do I get there? You can use our map and written address to get there. If we are available we can escort you there.
- How is the area around the property? Our beach property is located in Pochomil Viejo, it is a calm beach and residential area with a lot of beach front houses. Pochomil is at about a 5 minute drive which is a popular Nicaraguan beach, where a lot of people go and there are many restaurants. Most of them serve the typical Nicaraguan dishes. At a ten minute drive from our property n the same direction there is a fisherman’s town called Masachappa. Which has more restaurants, grocery stores, fruit markets, pharmacies, atv rentals, pizzerias and also a resort called Montelimar which has a casino, shows, spa and entertainment.
- Will Mosquitoes and bugs eat us alive? Usually Not. We recommend taking some repellent just in case.
- Is tap water in Nicaragua Drinkable? For locals that are used to it yes. We recommend buying purified water bottles.
- Should I Rent a Car? We highly recommend renting a car.
- Is a 4×4 necessary? We recommend it during the rainy season. It’s worth t if you plan day trips to exotic destinations nearby.
- What about TV, DVD, Sound System and Internet? Tv’s and DvD are available in the villas. We recommend bringing movies. There is a sound system geared up to plug Ipods. Internet and cable Tv are available in Masachappa Town.
- Are there Any Nearby sites or Attractions? There are some things to see like the colonial city of Leon which is about an our away from the property, you can also see the volcanic chain nearby. More volcanoes and a few other attractions are about one and a half hour away. If you are interested in some other day trips. Granada is also about one hour and a half away as well as the views and artisan markets in Catarina and around the Apoyo Lagoon.
- Is the Surf Any Good? In Front of the property there are two Beach Breaks for your own. Nearby there are two unbelievable Breaks. San Diego is a reef break and Puerto Sandino can be reached by boat, it’s a 600 meter long Left made by a Sand Bar.